CAFE Prep is an adult literacy and vocational culinary training combination program. Participants will advance their English proficiency, TASC/GED preparedness, or prepare for college (CAR) while learning culinary skills from a professional chef. Participants will receive NYS Food Protection Exam preparation upon completion of the program. Classes are held Mondays through Thursdays for 12 weeks.
Requirements for the Program
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Must be enrolled in a CAFE Prep Literacy Program (TASC, ESOL, or College CAR)
- ESOL CAFE Prep applicants must pass BEST + Testing with at least a level 4
- Interested in working in the culinary field after completion of the program
- Reference letter from anyone outside of your family
- Excellent work ethic, teamwork, consistent, and punctual