The 2022 application deadline is March 27, 2022 at 11:59PM ET.
- The GVA Public Interest Fellow works at a local NYC nonprofit organization in a project- or research-based internship capacity
- The GVA Community Impact Brinkley Fellow will work at Community Impact on a self-initiated project or research that fulfills a specific organizational need
- The GVA Faculty Service Learning Fellow will assist a faculty member in the development and research of a service-learning project to be offered as part of a fall 2022 course
- Applicant and Internship Information
- Name and contact information for two Professional, Academic and/or Community References
- Project Statement relevant to the fellowship for which you are applying
- Current Resume (uploaded as an attachment to the application)
In addition to the application, employer verification forms are due March 27, 2022.
*If you require summer campus housing, you must apply separately through Barnard's Summer Housing Application. Due date tbd.
Applicants will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Impact of the organization on the community
- Impact of the fellowship project within the organization
- Impact of the project on the Fellow
- Project’s alignment with Community Impact’s mission to advance the public good and instill the importance of life-long service
- Applicant’s passion for the project and depth of understanding about how the project influences broader social change
The first information session will take place over Zoom on Friday, February 25, 2022 from 12:00pm ET. The second session will be in-person at Earl Hall on Friday, March 4, 2022 from 3:00-4:00pm ET. Register for a session here.
For more information, contact [email protected].