The 2021 application deadline is March 19, 2021 at 11:59PM ET.
GVA Fellowship opportunities are available in three areas. Students must secure an internship prior to applying for the fellowship:
- The GVA Public Interest Fellow works at a local NYC nonprofit organization in a project- or research-based internship capacity
- The GVA Community Impact Brinkley Fellow will work at Community Impact on a self-initiated project or research that fulfills a specific organizational need
- The GVA Faculty Service Learning Fellow will assist a faculty member in the development and research of a service-learning project to be offered as part of a fall 2021 course
The application includes four parts that must be submitted at one time. You cannot save and return to your application. Only fill in when you have collected the following materials:
- Applicant and Internship Information
- Name and contact information for two Professional, Academic and/or Community References
- Project Statement relevant to the fellowship for which you are applying
- Current Resume (uploaded as an attachment to the application)
In addition to the application, employer verification forms are due March 19, 2021.
Applicants will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Impact of the organization on the community
- Impact of the fellowship project within the organization
- Impact of the project on the Fellow
- Project’s alignment with Community Impact’s mission to advance the public good and instill the importance of life-long service
- Applicant’s passion for the project and depth of understanding about how the project influences broader social change
For more information, visit the Frequently Asked Questions page.