George Van Amson Fellowship
The George Van Amson (GVA) Fellowship provides support for Columbia University and Barnard College undergraduates to pursue an unpaid nonprofit or service learning fellowship during the summer. Fellows become part of a larger community committed to social justice, civic engagement, and service learning. Funded by Community Impact, Fellows receive a $3,000 stipend and summer housing.
- The GVA Public Interest Fellow works at a local NYC nonprofit organization in a project- or research-based internship capacity
- The GVA Community Impact Brinkley Fellow will work at Community Impact on a self-initiated project or research that fulfills a specific organizational need
- The GVA Faculty Service Learning Fellow will assist a faculty member in the development and research of a service-learning project to be offered as part of a fall 2021 course
- Respond to weekly reflection questions and participate in bi-weekly virtual discussion groups with Fellowship cohort
- Attend two Professional Development training sessions over the course of the eight week fellowship period [Dates to be announced]
- Submit two employer evaluations, first at the mid-point, and second at the conclusion of the fellowship
- Compose a final reflection essay synthesizing the fellowship experience
- Present fellowship project highlights at an annual event focused on civic engagement and service learning
Information Session: February 21, 2020 at 1 - 3pm, Earl Hall (Dodge Room)
Application deadline: March 13, 2020 at 11:59pm
For more information about other fellowship and internship opportunities, please visit the Center for Career Education.