CAFE Prep is an adult literacy and vocational culinary training combination program. Participants will advance their English proficiency, TASC/GED preparedness, or prepare for college (CAR) while learning culinary skills from a professional chef. Participants will receive NYS Food Protection Exam preparation upon completion of the program. Classes are held Mondays through Thursdays from 11AM to 3PM, for 12 weeks.
Requirements for the Program:
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Must be enrolled in a CAFE Prep Literary Program (TASC, ESOL, or College CAR)
- ESOL CAFE Prep applicants must pass BEST+ Testing with at least a Level 4
- Interested in working in the culinary field after completion of the program.
- Reference letter from anyone outside of family.
- Great work ethic, teamwork, consistent, and punctual
If you would like to apply as a participant for our Fall 2021 cycle, beginning September 2021, please fill out this interest form.
For more information about the program and volunteering, please email [email protected].